Saturday, December 5, 2015

Native Americans of California Flipbook

I searched and searched on Pinterest and Teachers Pay Teachers for resources pertaining to CALIFORNIA Native Americans, but sadly came up with very few that would work in my fourth grade classroom.  Because I spend the bulk of my time on California missions and the Gold Rush, I needed something short and sweet for Native Americans.

My students really love flipbooks/foldables and anything that gets them working with scissors and colored pencils.  Therefore, I decided to create a flip book for the six Native American culture areas of California.



Included:

- Map of the culture areas that students color 
- Note-taking template for each of the six culture areas
- Extension writing activity where students pick an area and write a day in the life journal entry
- Rubric





Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment